Have you registered for The Rite Aid 2017 Cleveland Marathon, 1/2 Marathon, 10k, 5k or Challenge Series yet?!?! Head on over to Jamie’s Instagram for another chance to win an entry this week! Have you seen the new course map?? Seriously makes me want to run the marathon again this year…..tbd!
Whole 30 wrap up: As you may recall from yesterday’s post, I successfully completed my second round of Whole30. I couldn’t sleep last night so I weighed myself which is something that you are encouraged not to do during the the W30. So unfortunately I did not lost weight. I’m not sure why the scale didn’t change and I’m ok with that. What did change was how my clothes are fitting-my tight pants are loose and I feel like I see a physical change in my body. I’ll take a few after shots for comparison. What that tells me is that there are more measures of success than just a scale.
Just for fun, here is a sample day in the life of eating on W30
- Breakfast: roasted sweet potatoes, beets, parsnips and carrots with lentils and a scrambled egg. Black Coffee
- Snack: Almonds or some dried fruit
- Lunch: Spinach salad with carrots, cucumbers, red onion, chickpeas, and homemade lemon vinaigrette. Berries or a clementine.
- Snack: Larabar or an RX bar
- Dinner: Egg and veggie casserole with a sweet potato crust or a simple tofu and veggie scramble. I kept dinners as simple as possible-protein from eggs, tofu or beans plus lots of veggies.
- Dessert: You may be asking “is dessert even allowed?!” The answer is technically no but on occasion I allowed myself a spoonful of almond butter, or frozen cherries and I may have even mixed unsweetened coconut powder with coconut oil once or twice.
And as promised, my week in review:
Monday: Rest day as per usual
Wednesday: 8 easy. Kept this at a very comfortable pace with each mile around 10.20avg
Thursday: 4 Stroller miles. The weather was so gorgeous on Thursday that I took the opportunity to take Liam to the park after school. We ran 2 to the playground, played for about 20 minutes and ran back to the car for a total of 4.
Friday: Rest Day
Saturday: 16 miles total. I ran 5.5 on my own and then reunited with the Cleveland Marathon 2015 training group plus a bunch of other friends. What a fantastic run. I think part of the reason I enjoy running so much is the incredibly social aspect that it can sometimes end up being, and this run was just that-a reunion, a laugh fest, reminiscing about past training runs. And post run breakfast. I left with tired legs and a full heart. There may be been a large group hug involved.
Total: 39 miles
This week I’ll be continuing to focus on increasing mileage and an ever longer long run!